screen printing for artists
- Preparation of artwork
- Set-up, preparation and clean down.
- Studio time.
- Paper type
- Paper size
- Image size
- Number of colours
- Edition number
Cut Editions Price List
- Coating screen with light sensitive emulsion
- Exposing the screen on UV lightbox
- Processing the screen
- Setting up screen, masking out, registration and proofing
- Cleaning down after print run
- Stencil removal at end of job
NB – the price of preparing a screen includes one stencil. If there is more than one stencil on a screen, there is an additional charge of £5.00 for each one.
So, if there are 2 stencils on one screen the screen prep cost will be £40.00 + £5 = £45.00 This is because each stencil has to go through the whole process of masking up, registration, proofing and cleaning down.
Printing, editioning and materials
CHARGES FOR USE OF STUDIO WITH MINIMAL ASSISTANCE
Studio hire charge - £15.00 per hour
Other Charges -
There are additional charges for any work and materials that Cut Editions does or supplies on behalf of the artist.
For example –
Preparing paper / cutting and trimming
Proofing and editioning
Any materials not supplied by artist
There will be a member of Cut Editions staff present at all times to help, assist and advise for which there is no charge.
All screens and paper required will be prepared by Cut Editions in advance and be ready for use on the studio hire day.
It should be possible, in most cases, to print up to 4 colours, on a reasonably small edition in a day (6 hours).
These payment options only apply to studio hire, collaborations and editioning. We would prefer settlement of any bill within 3 months.
There are several ways you can pay your bill at Cut Editions –
1) Pay it in its entirety when you have completed the project.
2) Pay ½ upon completion and the balance over an agreed period – no more
than 3 months.
3) Pay your bill in equal instalments over 3 months – the first instalment to be
paid on completion of your project.
4) If your project is likely to take a long time to complete (say several months), we can arrange a set monthly instalment based on the estimated final bill and you can pay the balance on completion of your project.
We accept payments by card and BACS